quinta-feira, 3 de março de 2011

INDEFINITE PRONOUNS (exercises)

1 - Complete using: some / any / no

Q1 - Are there ....... people at all at the bus stop?

Q2 - That's ...... reason to be rude all the time

Q3 - I'd like ...... time off next week when I move house

Q4 - There's ..... coffee left; could you get some while you're out?

Q5 - I must get to the bank because I haven't got ...... money for the weekend

Q6 - Could I have ....... more tea, please?

Q7 - When we got to the cinema, there weren't ....... tickets left

Q8 - My car stopped because there was ...... petrol left

Q9 - The shop had ....... milk so we'll have to drink our coffee black

Q10 - ...... bus will take you to King's Cross so get on the first that comes along

Q11 - She's worried because she has got ....... interviews next week and they always make her nervous

Q12 - ....... newspapers support the Government, but most don't

Q13 - You shouldn't take ....... medicine without reading the information first.

Q14 - I'll have to get my TV fixed as I've been having ....... problems with it

Q15 - ....... smoke without a fire

Q16 - I can't find ...... of the cassettes I want to hear, not one of them

Q17 - There's hardly ....... fax paper left

Q18 - There must be ....... job for me; I really need the work

Q19 - I found it without ....... difficulty

Q20 - I couldn't get into the concert because there were ...... tickets left

Q21 - I'd like a sandwich and ....... sparkling mineral water

Q22 - ....... shops don't accept credit cards.

2 - Fill in the gaps with somebody, anybody, nobody, something, anything, nothing, somewhere, anywhere or nowhere.

  1.  I know __________ about this issue that you may find interesting, but if I tell you, you must promise to keep it (a) secret.

  2.  __________ lives here. There is no water.

  3.  I spent the night __________ near the beach.

  4.  __________ could have jumped over this wall, and stole your rake. It's very low.

  5.  __________ scares him. He's very brave.

  6.  There is __________ to park here. Let's go __________ else to park.

  7.  Would you like __________ to wash your hands?.

  8.  May I have __________ for dessert, please?

  9.  They took him __________ in London, and he never returned.

10.  Please don't leave __________ behind at home. We'll be away for a fortnight.

11.  She needs __________ to love. She's very lonely.

12.  They will not sing __________ in this city. They said that they would never come back.

13.  There isn't __________ you can do to help them. __________ can help them.

14.  We do not need __________ else to run this department. We can do it ourselves.

15.  __________ is ringing the bell. Go and see who it is.

16.  __________ phoned while we were out, but they did not leave a message.

17.  __________ tells me that there is __________ fishy going on .

18.  They are looking for __________ to settle down and have children. They want to find a quiet place to lead a quiet life.

19.  "Where would you like to stay?"

       "__________ will do provided it is a clean place."

20.  "Is there __________ at home?"

       "I don't think there is __________. Mum and dad must have gone out."

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário